The Space "Well, we've hit the jackpot here!" and, "It's better than the photos!" are comments from our guests upon arrival...
** Price includes complimentary Continental Breakfast ~ fruit, organic sourdough, butter, Hanks Triple Berry Jam, Dick's Peanut Butter, milk and a selection of teas & coffee bags (plunger also available on request).
** There's a fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster but kindly note that there is no oven. A rice cooker or sandwich-press are available on request. And you won't need a sink because I'll do your dishes for you!
Our guests travel from far and wide to stay with us, so we take our role as "Future-Memories Facilitators" very seriously! For those of you new to Airbnb, we think this is where our 5 star rating comes from ~ it's obvious to our guests that we care about providing 5 star service, great value and a memorable experience overall.
- Extremely comfortable queen-sized latex bed (affectionately referred to as the "Goldilocks Bed" by returning guests!) with Sheridan sheets, luxury MemoryFoam pillows, an electric blanket in winter
- your own separate, private entrance
- private bathroom (full-size bath), towels included
- couch/sitting area
- dining setting
- your own verandah with Adirondack chairs, surrounded by a lovely rainforest garden
- free wireless internet
- bar fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle
- super-quiet ceiling fan for a comfortable night's sleep in summer
- fast and efficient heater for those cosy, romantic winter nights
- DAB FM Radio with Bluetooth (for your favourite playlists)
- quality book collection (available for sale, in case you get hooked!)
- games (Scrabble, Chess, Backgammon, Mastermind, Cards, Monopoly, Uno)
- laundry facilities and beach towels available on request. Guest Access Your own separate entrance is via your private verandah. There are no shared amenities ~ your bathroom is exclusively yours.
Arrangements can be made to have a key available no matter what your arrival time may be. Interaction with Guests Although Pete and I will most likely be home, your area is completely separate and your privacy will be respected; and although the space is within the house, the setup means our paths don't cross. Having said that, we're friendly, have lived in the area for many years and are happy to help make your great vacation a fantastic one! The Neighborhood There's so much to explore! There's historic Bangalow with it's cafes and trendy gift shops, plus it's only 12-15mins drive to the hustle and bustle of magical Byron Bay. Being centrally located, choose between the beaches at Byron, Brunswick Heads, Broken Head or Lennox Head. Mullumbimby, Ballina and Lismore are also less then 25 minutes away. Then of course there's nature walks at Minyon Falls and Mt. Warning, the Tweed River Art Gallery at Murwillumbah, lovely Kingscliff and endless activities in Byron Bay from kayaking with dolphins to massages and yoga of every denomination imaginable! Getting Around The walk to the beautiful downtown Bangalow precinct is just under a kilometer (but beware - a small amount of fitness is required - there's one medium-sized hill!) Public transport is limited, particularly on weekends, so your visit will be greatly enhanced if you have access to a car. The house is located in a quiet suburban street and has very safe on-street parking. Other Things to Note Don't forget, the renowned Bangalow Market is on the 4th Sunday of the month and the Byron Bay Market is on the 1st Sunday of the month. There's also a Farmer's Market each Saturday morning in downtown Bangalow, behind the pub.
When booking a Friday or a Saturday night, a 2-night minimum applies.
*Please kindly note, our 4-night 20% discount excludes Easter and Christmas holidays.
Check out the Guidebook for local attractions. And "like" us on You-Know-Where ("A Room at Carrington") for fun local goings-on!
If you are gluten intolerant or have any other breakfast preferences, alternatives can be arranged. ...