I designed and built this Cottage as a testament to the wonderful Colonial Architecture of days gone by. From the outside the high pitch roof and wooden finials exemplify this period.
The interior of the cottage is free flowing, modern and stylish. The large loft bedroom with luxurious queen ensemble is sure to impress. Downstairs there is a full open plan kitchen and wet area bathroom. The open plan living room features a dining table for four, and a large sofa. This can be easily made up to accommodate 2 additional guests.
I have constructed this cottage to have excellent thermal and solar properties. Double glazing is used throughout, which used in combination with sunlight allows for free heating from the sun. All windows are fitted with modern roller blinds. The cottage also has reverse cycle heating and cooling.
Guests have access to everything inside the cottage. Free Wifi internet is provided, as well as all bedding and towels. Welcome tea and coffee is also provided for guests.
Interaction with Guests
Guests are given their own private space, allowing them to unwind and enjoy the lovely surrounds. I live at the far end of the property, and will be around most of the time to answer any questions.
Howden is a wonderful, secluded community, nestled between the fast expanding towns of Kingston and Margate. This quaint town offers close proximity to Hobart (20 minutes), as well as other modern conveniences in Kingston and Margate (5-10 minutes).
Howden is also very well located for exploring the world renowned produce and sites of the Channel district and Bruny Island. Some of these include;
- Peppermint Bay - Award winning and world class dining venue
- Grandvewe Cheesery
- Bruny Island Ferry Terminal ; 20 minutes drive
- Get Shucked Oysters
- Bruny Island Cheese Co.
- Fleurty's Cafe and Farm Walks
- Woodbridge Smoke House - Award winning smoked trout
- Hartzview Vineyard
There are several unmissable things to do in and around Hobart. These include;
- Mona ; World Class Museum of Old and New Art
- Salamanca Market (Runs on Saturdays)
- Mount Wellington
There are limited bus services running from the Howden turn off, to and from Hobart. Having a car is definitely preferable, as is the case with all Tasmanian based travel.
There is off street parking available for multiple cars to the side of the cottage.
Directions from Hobart Airport are as follows;
1. Turn left of Holyman Avenue, and go straight ahead through 2 large roundabouts
2. At roundabout take 2nd exit onto A3 heading to Hobart
3. Continue on A3 over Tasman Bridge (no not exceed 70km/hr, there are permanent speed cameras)
4. Continue on A3 which takes you directly through the centre of Hobart. This is also known as Davey Street. You will climb slowly uphill as you exit the City
5. Stay left and exit the A3, onto the Southern Outlet (A6)
6. Stay slight right on A6. Take signs for Margate, Kettering Etc. (B68)
7. At the large roundabout take fourth exit staying on the B68
8. Turn left on C623, following signs for Howden
9. Turn left on Alanwood Road
10. Turn right on Carison Court
11. Take no 18 (green letterbox) on the left and follow driveway to the right. Keep going uphill until you reach the parking area.
- Air Conditioning
- Free Parking on Premises
- Wireless Internet
- Smoke Detector
Whilst I want everyone to have a great time, common sense should prevail. No pets are allowed. Smoking is not allowed inside, including out the windows.
Reviews & Ratings
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page