Set in a lush woodland in Dover, Delaware, the 2017 Firefly Music Festival features a whopping 140 bands, on 9 stages. The amazing line-up includes the likes of The Weeknd, Muse and Weezer.
Read on for everything you need to know about Firefly Festival 2017.
Firefly Music Festival Dates & Location
The festival takes place in the Woodlands of Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware. It’s set on 154 acres of lush, green woodlands and the festival site is within walking distance to bars and restaurants.
Festival dates are June 15 – 18, 2017.
Where to Stay for Firefly Music Festival
Most attendees choose to camp at the festival’s campsite, however, camping isn’t for everyone. If you’d prefer a comfy bed and a hot shower, we have all the nearby options for you. Nearby options include a three-person room at the Days Inn Dover for $395 and Best Western Smyrna, from $288.
Getting to Firefly
Dover is driving-distance to east coast cities such as Washington DC, Philadelphia and New York City. The nearest airport is Philadelphia International Airport, which is about an hour drive from Dover. You can rent a car, take or bus or hire a taxi from the airport to Dover. Once in Dover, you can ride-share or drive to the woodland site.
Single day pass: $109 per day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A pass for the warm-up parties on Thursday is $79
Full four-day pass: $299, includes entry to the festival across the entire four days
Camping Pass: $189, includes camping from Thursday through to Monday, space for one tent and one car/SUV
Firefly Music Festival 2017 Line-Up
Firefly’s epic line-up this year includes The Weeknd, Muse, Weezer, AFI, Chance the Rapper and Ke$ha.
Other great acts include Franz Ferdinand, The Shins, The Strumbellas and Busta Rhymes.
What to Bring to Firefly
- Something warm to wear at night – the woodlands can get chilly
- A flashlight
- Something glow in the dark – such as a headband, face paint or clothes
- Bug spray – you’re in a woodland after all!
Firefly Festival Pro Tips
- Food at the festival can be pricey, so bring your own snacks.
- Pace yourself throughout the day – the headliners usually play really late at night.
- The ground will be dusty so bring a bandana to cover your face to help you breathe easy.
- Dover gets hot so be prepared with the essentials- sunscreen, hat, sunglasses