The Space Charlotte is our home, and we want you to feel at home here, too. The carriage house is chock-full of special touches put in place just for you. You'll find lots of local info and goodies throughout the space. Enjoy a quick walk to the many sights of Center City. Explore parks and greenways located steps away, or rent a bike or a scooter from our many bike shares. See a game, see a show, watch your 55" 4K TV with cable, HBO, Showtime, and streaming, or simply enjoy a bubble bath.
Some things to look forward to:
* With a private entrance and windows on all sides, the carriage house is completely self-contained--no one lives next to, above, or below you. Plus, you're welcome to park your average-sized car in our secure garage. Keypad access points allow you to come and go as you please—no key to keep track of!
* You will be located in Uptown Charlotte (the small downtown loop of I-277) and within walking distance to everything in Center City, but just far enough way to appreciate our quiet neighborhood environment. Walk, bike, or scooter to the Charlotte Convention Center, 250+ restaurants, 50+ nightspots, and all companies located in the central business district.
* We offer a brand new, top-rated memory foam bed, down duvet, a variety of pillows (with allergen protectors), cotton sheets, and plush towels.
* You'll find a desk and comfortable chair next to the bed. We offer a Bluetooth speaker, charging cords, and extra outlets for your convenience. Lots of windows makes natural light plentiful.
* Delight your inner chef and rustle up a meal. All kitchen and dining essentials (including spices) are provided. A portable dishwasher is available upon request. Need a special gadget? We might have it--we're pretty handy in the kitchen.
* You'll find free Keurig coffee (plus tea and electric kettle), as well as a rotating assortment of food and goodies in case you need a quick meal fix. A drugstore (CVS) and grocery stores (Harris Teeter and Whole Foods) are six blocks away.
* Our central location will delight both sports and music fans. Our beloved Carolina Panthers play steps away at Bank of America Stadium, while the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Spectrum Center (NBA Charlotte Hornets, concerts, etc...), and AvidXchange Music Factory (Metro Credit Union Amphitheater, The Fillmore, etc...) are all within easy walking distance.
We want our space to be a jewel in the crown of the Queen City, and we'd love the opportunity to host you at our carriage house! Guest Access A step-by-step check-in guide will be available within your trip itinerary three days before check-in. Guests have access to the entire private carriage house, including the kitchen, bath, living, and sleeping areas.
A private, fenced-in courtyard separates the carriage house and garage from our townhouse. Join us for a chat, or enjoy the outdoor space on your own. Interaction with Guests We understand guests are often tired or just appreciate privacy when traveling. We'll follow your lead--we enjoy interacting as little or as much as you desire.
We’re happy to offer self check-in, or we’d be delighted to greet you and give you a tour of the carriage house. If you’d like us to meet you for check-in, please tell us in your initial request so we can schedule appropriately.
Once we know you are settled in, we are generally hands-off hosts. With that said,
we're almost always close by if you need anything. Messaging through the Airbnb app guarantees a speedy response. The Neighborhood Uptown is broken down into four wards, and we live in Third Ward. Our little enclave feels a bit like the suburban part of Uptown Charlotte and offers some peace and quiet given our close proximity to the central business district of the city.
At one end of our street you'll find Frazier Park and greenway (perfect for a run or city trail walk); on the other, Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers.
Third Ward has a neighborhood area (which is where we live), Romare Bearden and Frazier parks, Bank of America Stadium, BB&T Ballpark, museums, and tons of entertainment and dining options.
Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Charlotte Symphony, Opera Carolina at Belk Theater, The Mint Museum, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, NC Music Factory, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Duke Energy, and countless other businesses, restaurants, and attractions are within easy walking or biking distance. Getting Around Check out dock-less bike sharing apps (LimeBike, Spin, MoBike, Ofo) which offer bike rentals for $1 per 30 minutes. You can pick up and leave these bikes almost anywhere. They offer scooters, too! A B-Cycle bike sharing station is two blocks away (Cedar/4th St.), as are local and express (CLT airport) bus lines.
Walk to the heart of the business center (Trade & Tryon) or closest LYNX station (Stonewall) in 10-15 minutes (about six blocks). Take the shortcut stroll through the beautiful grounds of Bank of America Stadium and emerge in the heart of Uptown. Depending on the day/time, you may happen upon some of the Carolina Panthers coming and going to practice--but be cool, they're at work. ;)
We have a robust ride sharing community, and an Uber/Lyft ride anywhere in Uptown/Center City only takes a minute or two. Neighborhoods such as Historic South End, Plaza Midwood, NoDa, Dilworth, and Wesley Heights are a hop, skip, and a jump away. Feel free to leave your car with us, and spare yourself the hassle of navigation and parking fees.
Major interstates are less than a five minute drive, and Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) is 10 minutes away. If you are using Uber/Lyft from CLT, pick up your ride outside of the lower Arrivals area in Zone E. Other Things to Note **Parking is by permit only (towing is enforced) due to the proximity of the stadium and Center City. If you have an average-sized car, you are more than welcome to park worry-free in our garage. If you have a truck/oversized vehicle, please ask for an on-street guest permit. Uptown hotels charge a daily parking fee ($20-$40), and nearby parking can be up to $80 on event days (like football games). Free secure garage parking adds tangible value and piece of mind to your stay.
**We'd love to host you, but even if the carriage house isn't the perfect fit for you, please support small hosts whenever possible. You make a big difference when you visit local businesses of all kinds--THANK YOU! ...