Cozy Waterfront Getaway 90 Minutes From Washington, D.c. Or Richmond, Va
The Cottage at Captain's Watch is a fully restored early 1900s 2 bedroom cottage directly on the water and beach in Colonial Beach, Virginia. The cottage provides two bedrooms, the first with one queen bed and the second with two twin beds. All the amenities you will need are provided to enjoy a week or a long weekend in the beautiful Northern Neck of Virginia. Just bring your toothbrush and change of clothes. We provide everything else - linens, towels (bath and beach), inn quality bath soaps, shampoos and lotions, Our kitchenette is equipped with a 4 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender and 2 counter height refrigerators with separate freezer in one. All dinner, glassware and cooking utensils are provided as well. High speed Internet and Cable TV.
We are located within a short walk (10 minutes or less) of many town amenities which include:
• Beautiful Thai/French restaurant on Monroe Bay (The Lighthouse);
• Gourmet grocery store and oyster bar (Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar );
• Coffee shop\cafe where all the locals hang out (Tattle Tales Cafe);
• Unique gourmet shop where cooking classes, breakfast lunch and dinner are sometimes served (Tides Inn Market);
• Chinese restaurant with take out (Hunan Diner);
• Beach front Tiki bar with a full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (The Black Pearl at High Tides);
• Fully equipped gym (River Gym);
• Catholic, Baptist, Methodist and Episcopal churches;
• Several antique shops and art galleries in town for your enjoyment (Jarret Thor Fine Arts).
• Two marinas with transient docking (Bayside Marina and The Boat House Marina).
Within a few minutes or a short drive are;
• Full service Marina with transient docking, full time mechanic and gas (Colonial Beach Yacht Center);
• A second outdoor tiki bar and full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (Blue Heron Pub and Dockside Restaurant) located on the Colonial Beach Yacht Center property;
• Street legal golf cart rentals are available in town (Beach Cart Rental);
• Pizza (Papa Johns, Dominos, Ledos);
• Cab service (Davis cab);
• Historical sites are a short drive away as well (Stratford Hall, Wakefield, Christ Church, Fredericksburg, VA);
• All of Washington D.C is about a 90 minute drive away.
The Cottage and the main house, “Captains Watch” share the same property.
There is NO SMOKING or pets permitted on the property (house and yard) and no more than 4 guests are permitted on the property and/or cottage at amy time.
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page