* great central location in a quiet street in the Monbijou quarter in the heart of Bern
* the apartment is on the first floor of a beautiful historic building. This large comfortable home has high ceilings, partly with stucco decorations, and all three bedrooms have wood parquet flooring
* up to 4 other Airbnb guests may call this place home
* Sleeping & Living: location in sidestreet and outside blinds ensure dark quiet nights, as well as days if needed. During the day your room is bright and sunny.. The room has two 140cm loft double beds, a sofa, table, 50 inch 4K HD TV with Netflix subscription.Guest Access
I share my kitchen, all kitchenware, the dining area, and bathroom with my guests.Interaction with Guests
I do like to talk a little, offer some tips, and will answer any questions, but apart from that I do not intend to bother you too much ...unless you want me to.The Neighborhood
CENTRALLY LOCATED, SAFE, VERY QUIET
* great central location in a quiet and safe neighbourhood in the Monbijou quarter in the heart of Bern. The apartment is thus located almost in the famous Old Town of Bern, but without the noise. The Old Town itself, with all its restaurants, shopping opportunities and cinemas, the main train station, the university main buildings, the entire Bernese nightlife, and the most important sights, like the House of Parliament or the Clock Tower (Zytglogge), are in just 5-10 minutes walking distance from your room. Actually, anything that takes more than a 20min walk is not really worth the effort.
* there are several supermarkets (Migros, Coop, Denner, Aldi) in 5-10 minutes walking distance from the apartment (opening hours from 8h or 9h until 19h or 20h during the week, and 8h or 9h until 17h on Saturdays). In the Migros- and the Coop-stores in the train station, grocery shopping is possible 7 days a week until 22hGetting Around
* location/getting there: Your room is in 6min walking distance from Bern main train station, or 1 minute to the next Tram stop 'Kocherpark' (2 stops from Bern main station).
There usually is plenty of free parking spaces available in the 'blue zones' on the surrounding streets. Parking tickets for the 'blue zones' are available at the vending machines of virtually all Bus/Tram-stations (1min from your room) and cost 16 CHF for 24 hours or 9 CHF for 4 hours. Parking in the blue zones is free during the night (6pm until 8am) and on Sundays.