15% Off Open Jan Dates -Famous Newport Ship House-On the Bay,Walk to the Sand
Welcome to this unique, very kid friendly, full ship shaped and themed house n a prime location in Newport Beach. This 3700 square foot 5 bedroom 2 bath home is a city block long with the bay in front and a park with swings/slides, grills, a grass field, and a half basketball court on one side. Kids can play on the bay or at the park while you watch them from the front patio, kitchen, or dining room.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THIS PROPERTY!
Its unique combination of being a home and a ship too! Great design, so easy, and so much fun for all.
It is a very short walk to the bay or the ocean, and there?s a park right next to you ? lots to do very close by.
Easy freeway access in the event that you decide to go to the many stellar attractions in the LA/San Diego area ? each area is about an hour from here!
A very unique gangplank entry takes you up into this home, with beautiful wood cathedral ceilings, floors and walls. If you didn?t see the trees out the large windows, you would think you were sailing on the deep blue sea in a luxurious handcrafted wooden boat.
A wonderful great room for you, your family, and guests has a living room complete with lots of comfortable leather seating, and a 48? flat screen TV on a stand. There is lots of room for everyone to be together here at the end of a long day, enjoying the magic of this house and its location.
A beautiful dining room, with a long sturdy wooden table that seats up to 10 carries on this sense of wonder and fun with its large windows. This is a great place for you and your ?mateys? to dine, play games from a large collection of family board/card games.
A modern, bright, well-equipped kitchen with a covered indoor gas rotisserie/grill makes this a perfect place to create everything from snacks to hearty meals for your ?crew?! The kitchen is equipped with everything you could need including 2 dishwashers.
The master bedroom, or Captain?s Room, has a king bed, lots of windows - high enough up so no one can see in - a comfortable chair for reading a book or taking a snooze, and a ¾ en suite bath with a walk-in shower. There is also a sauna between the master bedroom and bath.
A 2nd bedroom has a bunk bed with two double beds and a twin bed with a trundle, so 6 could sleep in this room if needed. There is a second bathroom in the hallway with a shower/tub combination. All bed and bathrooms are outfitted with luxury linens for your ultimate comfort.
The 3rd bedroom, affectionately called the ?Library Room?, since it has one wall filled with books, has a queen bed and a small desk in the event that someone wants to write or work while here. Beautiful big windows make this an inviting place to be during the day.
The 4th bedroom has queen bunk beds - for four more to sleep. The 5th bedroom, also called ?The Map Room? has a queen bed and a large flat-screen TV. There is also a new large washer and dryer for your use. There is assorted beach and bay gear for your use as well.
Your ship is within an easy walk to a number of restaurants, coffee shops, a grocery store, and even a movie theater. There is also a bus stop 1 block away with other bus stops within 100 yards or so.
A quiet place with a full beach scene about 200 yards away and a park right next to you where adults and children can play games and sports makes this the perfect place for your seaside vacation! Imagine telling tall tales about staying in a boat that never went anywhere!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS PROPERTY:
No smoking is allowed inside any of our properties.
Due to the moderate coastal climate, this house (like most in the area) does not have air conditioning.
This home sleeps 16 in beds.
Street parking in front and side of house.
This home is located in a quiet neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Our rental agreement includes a no tolerance policy regarding excessive noise, occupancy, and/or parties. Deposit forfeitures and/or evictions are strictly enforced. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before renting.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 4 Queen, 2 Twin, 2 Other, 2 Full
* AMENITY: combination tub/shower, double, king, outdoor shower, queen, shower, toilet, tub
* ATTRACTIONS: bay/sound, churches, cinemas, coin laundry, festivals, library, live theater, marina, museums, playground, recreation center, restaurants, synagogues, theme parks, water parks, winery tours, zoo
* DINING_CHECKBOX: Dining
* ENTERTAINMENT: Games, Satellite / Cable, Television
* GENERAL: Hair Dryer, Heating, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Parking, Towels Provided, Washing Machine
* KITCHEN: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Pantry Items, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster
* LEISURE_ACTIVITIES: antiquing, beachcombing, bird watching, eco tourism, gambling casinos, horseback riding, outlet shopping, paddle boating, photography, scenic drives, sight seeing, walking, whale watching
* LOCAL_SERVICES_AND_BUSINESSES: ATM/bank, Babysitter, fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services
* LOCATION_TYPE: Beach View, Beachfront, Ocean View, Oceanfront, Water View, Waterfront
* OUTSIDE: Balcony, Outdoor Grill
* SPORTS_AND_ADVENTURE_ACTIVITIES: basketball court, cycling, deepsea fishing, equestrian events, fishing, golf, hiking, ice skating, jet skiing, paragliding, pier fishing, rafting, roller blading, sailing, scuba diving or snorkeling, snorkeling, sound/bay fishing, surf fishing, surfing, swimming, tennis, water skiing, wind-surfing
* SUITABILITY: children welcome, pets not allowed
* SUITABILITY_CHKBOX: Long-term Renters Welcome