The BANANA BUNGALOW HOLLYWOOD is a very popular international destination with a great location. We are right on Hollywood Boulevard in the heart of Hollywood with a view of the Hollywood sign from our courtyard. You’ll be walking distance from all the action and close to the subway and bus stops to get around LA. It’s an “oasis for backpackers” with all the amenities, activities and events that travelers truly want.
This includes a friendly staff to help you, a fun international crowd to hang out with, cool rooms, lots of hip common space, a great vibe and atmosphere, and daily events and activities that supply lots of fun for free or very cheap. This is a “Cool Hollywood Motel” that has been remodeled into a “colorful retro designed” hostel, and right next door is LA’s best Thai restaurant with fantastic $5 lunches and delicious $10 dinners.
ROOMS: Dorms have 6 or 8 beds with a private bath and its own kitchen, that’s right, we are the only hostel in Los Angeles with kitchens in most of our dorms. They also have a colorful décor plus cable TV with hundreds of channels and they are all kept very clean with our high standards of housekeeping. Plus we have the best private rooms of any hostel in LA and at the cheapest prices ranging from small to deluxe with kitchens, great for couples.
COMMON AREAS: Our common space is fantastic with a huge warm and welcoming courtyard that has music and palm trees, a billiards room with music and dancing, a movie theater with big screen and surround sound, and a Tiki garden with sunbathing, music, refreshments and a barbecue.
- Hot Hollywood Location
- Free Internet
- Free Wireless
- Free Parking Near Rooms
- Free Breakfast
- Free Coffee and Tea All Day
- Free Barbecues
- Private Bath in Every Room & Dorm
- Dorms with Kitchens
- Cable TV with 100’s of channels in all Rooms & Dorms
- Free Lockers in Every Dorm
- Free Linens
- Free Luggage Storage
- Party Lounge with Billiards, Dancing and Guest DJ’s
- Tiki Garden with Sunbathing, Music & Refreshments
- Big Screen Movie Room
- Free Movie Nights with the Latest Releases
- Pub crawl
- Poker Night
- Billiards Tournaments
- Basketball Tournaments
- Bicycle Rental
- Los Angeles City Tour
- Comedy Night
- Theme Parties
- No Curfew and No Lockout
- Free TV Show Tickets
- Special Hollywood Club Access
- Pay Phones
- Reimbursement for Airport Shuttle
- Car Rental from $19.99/day+tax
- Coin Laundry with Free Soap
You can walk to:
1) 'Hollywood and Highland' which has become the 'Times Square' of LA with the walk of fame, live TV shows, the Chinese Theater, endless shops and food plus the Chinese and Kodak Theaters the home to the Academy Awards
2) 'The Cahuenga Corridor' has over 24 bars and nightclubs offering a party for all moods and all types of hipsters
3) 'Hollywood and Vine' has the Metro link which is LA’s Subway and is the famous spot where broadcasters started it all
4) 'Sunset and Vine' has been redeveloped with millions of dollars having shops, theaters, restaurants and things to do for any budget.
5) 'Hollywood and Western' is the newest development to swing in to action
6) 'Theater Row' is very close with an array of small acting theaters, this is where many big stars get their start acting and performing.
7) The 'Sunset Strip' is probably the place you’ll see the most stars at night partying in some of the most famous nightclubs in the world.
TOURS & SHUTTLES: We have tours and shuttles around Los Angeles that include a fantastic tour of LA that takes you in an air conditioned van to many of the interesting and famous sights of Hollywood and beyond including Venice Beach and movie star homes. We will pick you up at the airport for free if you are there at one of our scheduled times, if not you can take a shuttle and will be reimbursed when you check in and pay for at least 3 nights. Plus all these exciting other tour events:
- Universal Studios
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- L.A./Hollywood City Tour
- Venice Beach
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Stars Homes
- Getty Museum
We have many in house activities that are offered for free or very cheap. These include Karaoke with lots of free food, DJ’s and cool people to meet, basketball tournaments, pub crawls, movie night, foosball, soccer, Hollywood club night, live music performances and more...
You will be close to all the cool stuff but won’t have to get caught in all the hassles of busy traffic, crowds and parking problems. You can motor right up to your room and walk to all the hot spots or have access to the Hollywood 101 freeway within one block. LA’s public transportation is easily accessible with bus stops right out in front on Hollywood Boulevard and the metro subway is right down the street.
To check in to a dorm you will asked to provide proof of current international travel. People under the age of 16 are not permitted to stay in dorm rooms. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or chaperone. Couples must reserve two beds.
Thank You For Choosing the BANANA BUNGALOW HOLLYWOOD
5920 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90028