Private, remote, rustic!
- Smoking Allowed
- Pets Allowed
- larger groups welcome (plenty of tent space) - Three sided PRIMITIVE building with rolling doors on the front - Not "airtight" (can be drafty at times) - small wood stove inside - fire pit outside - bank fishing access - no running water - no electricity - cement floors The Shack is a great place to channel your inner camper! Enjoy your quiet evenings under the stars. Take a walk around the property and bask in the shade of mossy maple trees. The beds are wooden single person bunk beds with mattress pads. Although, we have had numerous guests sleep two smaller adults on the two bottom bunks. The two uppermost bunks are slightly shorter than the others. You bring your own bedding. If you need sleeping bags, please ask. The Shack is cozy. It is not full of extra space for hanging out. The purpose is to provide a shelter for sleep and spend your days outdoors. There is no electricity so lighting is limited. We provide a lantern. Bringing a flashlight or headlamp is advised.Guest Access
You will have complete access to The Shack. You may come and go as you please but when driving through the fields and on Gaydeski Road please drive very slowly! The Shack is accessible by car.Interaction with Guests
We always escort our guests down through the field and woods. We do not allow anyone to arrive without being escorted. Once at The Shack, my parents will show you around and get you familiar with how things work. For example: lantern, wood stove, outhouse etc. Once this is complete you are on your own! You are always welcome to call us during your stay if you have questions or need something. My parents live right up the road.The Neighborhood
The Shack is located five miles north if Forks on the banks of the Sol Duc river. You must pass through a quiet neighborhood to get to The Shack which is located in the woods. We are building a cabin roughly 100 yards away from The Shack. You will see this on your drive in. It won't be worked on while you are there we just want you to be aware that it is there.Getting Around
The grocery store is only 10 minutes away. The Shack is 30 minutes away from the nearest ocean beaches. The Olympic National Forrest, Lake Crescent, Sol Duc Hot Springs and Kalaloch Lodge are all wonderful places to explore and are close by. Please search for "sol duc shack" to visit our website for more information and images!Other Things to Note
Expect all things at The Shack that you would experience camping. Spiders, mosquitos, moths, rodents... Bats come out at night! I only list this to warn people who may be scared of such things. They should not bother you, but they will fly around at night just as a bird would during the day. If you have lights on at night, they will be attracted to the bugs that are drawn to your light! We cannot prevent these critters from making an appearance given the environment that The Shack is in and the type of structure The Shack is. We apologize in advance for any unwanted encounters you may have with such creatures. These are wilderness circumstances beyond our control.
- Free parking on premises
- Smoking allowed
- Pets allowed
- Indoor fireplace
- Family/kid friendly
- Suitable for events
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
Reviews & Ratings
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page