The Space Located atop Lookout Mountain in the Southern Appalachians, this home provides a terrific opportunity to reconnect with nature and revitalize the spirit. Settled on 7 secluded acres overlooking Little River Canyon. This property boasts natures sounds, whether it's "Ollie's" stream bubbling by or the whip-poor-will calling, all the sounds create an immensely serene environment.
The Canyon offers vivid fall colors and beautiful spring flowers, waterfalls, canyon rims and bluffs, pools, boulders, and sandstone cliffs offer recreational activities and spectacular views. In just minutes from the property you can visit the numerous waterfalls, hiking trails, Class 5 rapids, world class rock climbing and bouldering, all of which are available in the neighboring Little River Canyon National Preserve. Just steps from the door is one of the most breathtaking views of the canyon.
In addition to a relaxing atmosphere and abundant recreation, you’ll love that the home is less than an hour from Chattanooga, 1.5 hours from Birmingham and 2 hours from Atlanta. Natural resources and cultural heritage come together in the Southern Appalachians, while this mountain house offers comfort and relaxation.
Look forward to preparing your meals in the open kitchen, fully-equipped with modern appliances and utensils, or fire up the grill to enjoy some delicious barbecue. In the evening, you’ll love spending time outside, where you can admire the night sky lit only with stars, stay warm around the fire pit, or take a night walk on the properties many onsite trails.
The natural features of the area make this the perfect getaway to enjoy hiking, biking, rock climbing, bouldering, canoeing, kayaking, or spelunking. Nearby Weiss Lake offers boating and fishing. Boat rentals are available and offer a memorable way to spend the day.
Within 10 minutes of the home, you can embark on the eleven-mile cruise on the western side of Little River Canyon, also known as the Grand Canyon of the East, along AL Highway 176. This scenic drive begins with Little River Falls Boardwalk Overlook and ends at Eberhart Point Overlook. It allows visitors to view the extraordinary canyon from a series of overlooks with easy access for everyone.
The towns of Mentone and Fort Payne are within a short drive , offering quaint dining options and grocery stores. Visit one of the exhibits at the Little River Canyon Center or Orbix Glass Blowing Factory to view the glassblowers work their magic. They say you can find evidence of the landscape whispering through the Orbix collection. When you stay at this exceptional vacation rental home, you are sure to have an experience that is anything but ordinary!
- Downstairs Bedroom: Full-sized Bed
- Upstairs Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a full kitchen, expansive mountain views, ample outdoor living space, gas grill, linens and towels, fire pit, and washer and dryer.
- Secluded property provides maximum privacy.
- Perfect for family trips, group trips, adventure trips, or romantic getaways.
-There are NO computers, televisions or WiFi. You come to Split Rock to relax and enjoy nature and to unplug from your hectic life without having to pitch a tent.
- No smoking
- Dogs friendly with fee (max 2 allowed, 60 pound weight limit)
- No cats allowed
- No events, parties, or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply Guest Access The entire house is open and available for use. Interaction with Guests Have questions? I am available by phone, text or email. The Neighborhood This is a secluded gated community. The nearest neighbor is nearly a mile away. ...