In an idyllically and artistic quarter, which is a protected cultural heritage area. While the building dates back to 1914 and has no elevator, the apartment is easily accessible and located on the 2nd floor. Newly renovated, with century-old chimney and wooden parquet floors 'd'époque' which have been preserved. Strictly non smoking please.Guest Access
Fantastic kitchen for spending less on meals.
Large living space, bedroom (big double-bed), full kitchen equipment (dish-washer, laundry washer & dryer, freezer, fridge, oven, microwave), bathroom & separate toilet. AC is unnecessary (thick windows and walls keep you cool), yet a fan is available if you want it. Calm and clean pets may be accepted upon discussion.Interaction with Guests
Depending on your schedule and our own professional constraints we either meet with you in person (at a time to be planned in advance), or make alternative arrangements for you to access entrance keys easily at a flexible time.The Neighborhood
The neighborhood is very safe and green, amidst artistic Parisian living quarters right next to the Parc Montsouris and Cité U.
Authentic and peaceful area, with easy access to main Parisian hot-spots in 15-20min (2 metro lines, Tram, several bus lines, etc). Convenient and vibrant by day and night (Noctilien bus access), with many delightful shopping and dining facilities open late in the evenings and throughout weekends.
# PARC MONTSOURIS: 100 meters from the apartment and perfect for relaxing walks, picnics or jogging (one of the largest parks in Paris, designed in the English style with a beautiful lake and cascades). Luxembourg park is also just a couple stations away.
# CITE UNIVERSITAIRE CAMPUS: Open 24 hours. Houses students and researchers from around the world, in a diverse architectural setting. It offers many events as well as a pleasant terrace café overlooking its bucolic campus.
* Monop (open to 11 pm and Sundays), Bio store, and grocery store around the corner (until 2am)
* Big Carrefour (open to 10 pm, Mon-Sat)
* Many "boulangeries" for your baguettes, including famous "Le Notre" pastries.
* Michelin rated 'Bistrot Montsouris' nextdoor (20-40€, left)
* Greet 'ChinChin' street corner brasserie (open 8am-midnight)
* Brasserie 'Le Zeyer' at Alésia (above, 30-50€)
* Park's 'Le Pavillon Montsouris' (50-100€)
* Italian, Moroccan couscous, Lebanese, Indian, Chinese, Japanese sushi (home-deliveries)
* McDonalds, KFC & Starbucks @ Alésia (7min).
# CINEMA: French and English movies with subtitles (Alésia)
# MONTPARNASSE TOWER: Best perspective over Paris (10 min, metro line 4), with a budget-friendly gourmet French meal at 'Le Ciel de Paris'.
# PARIS CATACOMBS: a famous underground cemetery built in the 18th century for 6 million people, can be visited at Denfert Rochereau (10 min walk).Getting Around
DIRECT commute to/from Paris AIRPORTS Charles the Gaulle (30-40 min) or Orly (20 min), using the RER B subway line
TRAIN STATIONS (Montparnasse & Gare du Nord/EuroStar) even closer (20mn).
# SUBWAY CONNECTIONS:
- Metro line 4: reachable from 2 stations (Porte d'Orléans or Alésia, 5 min walk). Gets you quickly to Montparnasse, Gare de l'Est, and other lines, including the scenic line 6 to the Eiffel Tower.
- RER B train (fast subway line): cross the parc (diagonally, 5mn) to the Cité Universitaire station, or grab a bus to Denfert-Rochereau. This connects you directly to both Paris airports, train stations, and to central places like Notre-Dame, Chatelet (10 min), Auber (Grands Magasins 'Galeries Lafayette' & Opera), Etoile (Champs Elysées & Arc de Triomphe) or Gare de Lyon.
EuroDisney access to the outskirts of Paris also made easy (switch only once from this line for a total journey of less than an hour).
# TRAMWAY: The tramway 3(a) goes around Paris, connecting to metro lines 13, 7, 8 (using the same ticket).
# BUS: Direct (Orly) Airport bus at 150m, several bus lines at 100m & Night-time 'Noctiliens' at Porte d'Orléans.
# RENTALS: Velib' (bike rental) and Autolib' (car city rental) stations also a few meters close by.
# TAXIS: we recommend using UBER if you are at least 3 people with heavy luggage.
# By NIGHT: we recommend using the NOCTILIEN which stops relatively close by, or an UBER.Other Things to Note
Our upper neighbors are especially sensitive to noise these days. Please make sure to be respectful with your decibel level since overly loud conversations at late hours can be heard. We especially recommend not leaving the windows open for extended periods of time, and avoiding showers at very late hours. To avoid excessive noise through overcrowding beyond 5 people, we consider infants to count as guests. This being said we are willing to accept infants as a 6th guest under exceptional circumstances, and upon discussion. Please read further "noise" related advice in our House Rules section (Parisian laws include guidelines for behavior beyond 8pm, asking people not to hold loud parties/dinners, vacuum clean between 8am and 8pm, etc.).
Thanks in advance for your efforts which are greatly appreciated!