Tranquility in the Home of the Anasazi
If you would love to connect to nature, yet have easy access to the joys of Santa Fe, Galisteo, Nambe and beyond ... we think you will love our home sitting on 28 acres in the beautiful Galisteo River Basin. And, if 28 acres isn't quite enough, our 'backyard' is 10,000 acres of pristine BLM land.
Galisteo River Basin is an environmentally protected area. This area is also considered one of the historical locations of the Anasazi, the 'original people', who may have lived here as long as 10,000 years ago. The Basin had as many as 20,000 inhabitants in 8 different Pueblos as recently as 1,000 years ago. Today, you'll only see 3 man-made lights at night but every star you can imagine.
The river is damned up stream, so it flows only during heavy rains. If you are there during the rains, it is fun to walk over to see the raging rapids.
Casa de Estrella Bella gets its name from the amazing amount of stars you'll enjoy in the evenings after a spectacular sunset.
The home is a little over 1,700 square feet and has:
2 Bedrooms - 1 King and 1 Queen Bed
Master Bath and a Half Bath
Amazing light and views from every direction.
2 Portals for eating under, enjoying the views and grilling (on the south side).
Spacious Living Room and Kitchen in the 'Old Adobe', which has 2 foot thick walls of rammed earth coated in sumptuous traditional plaster. 12 foot ceilings with old beams from an decommissioned brewery add to the relaxed atmosphere. Its warm, cozy and feels like a comfortable pair of shoes.
The home is all new construction with modern appliances, fully equipped everything (including telescope, games, and TV if you really need your fix), and small details that bring the home to life. By the way, Sarah (owner) is an architect and builder ... hence all the wonderful spaces and small details.
If you have extra people, the Airstream fits 5 easily on a Queen, Double and Twin Bed. We've had as many as 11 people stay comfortably, though you may need to take turns with the bathrooms.
Satellite internet and wifi. Its not super fast, but it does the trick. It will not work during big storms, but those do not last too long.
Amtrak rails are on our southern border. They cruise by only 2x a day.
And, the home is filled with both old and new furniture and some nice (at least to us) art we hope you will enjoy and respect (please, no touching).
As for central location:
- 75 minutes from ABQ airport
- 30 minutes to the Plaza, i.e. historic downtown Santa Fe
- 20 minutes to South Santa Fe for movies, malls, etc.
- 35 minutes to Opera House
- 60 minutes to Tent Rocks and fewer to Lake Cochiti
- 75 minutes or less to Bandelier National Park, Puye Cliff dwellings, Los Alamos, Chimayo and Nambe.
- 8 minutes to Madrid (old mining town turned art colony with a couple restaurants and coffee house)
- 0 minutes to hiking, nature, sun, moon and stars.
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
Reviews & Ratings
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page