The Perfect Mountain Retreat - Near Keystone and a-Basin
“Close to everything, yet away from it all.”
Many say it. Moonrise Mine IS it.
Welcome to a rare opportunity to pause, relax, and reconnect to what makes your Colorado mountain vacation worth taking: time alone or together with your loved ones in your very own home away from home.
Nestled deep in Colorado’s Arapahoe National Forest behind Arapahoe Basin, hidden on five private acres above the funky, old-school mining town of Montezuma, just minutes from Keystone Resort’s world-class skiing, fishing, shopping, tennis, sailing, golf, dining (and a few minutes more from Summit County’s other famous resorts), this charming, secluded contemporary home offers you and your whole family the perfect all-season mountain retreat.
Take a breath:
• Snuggle by the blazing wood stove as you sip hot cocoa and play the house ukulele.
• Take in the spectacular views of pristine forest in all directions as you flip flapjacks in your spacious open central kitchen.
• Kick back and scope out your next hike, mountain bike route, or family Jeep adventure beyond those magnificent cornices high above timberline on Glacier Peak above you to the west.
• From the living room, admire (and yes, respect!) the neighborhood moose, occasional deer, fox, pika, bear and other woodland friends who sometimes saunter by at sunset in the meadow below the house.
• Play cards, read your favorite novel, enjoy an episode or three of “I Love Lucy” on the huge comfy living room couch, or play classic games at the large dining room table.
• Marvel from your third-floor meditation retreat’s private observation balcony at the brightest Milky Way stars you’ve ever experienced, whether through the loft’s telescope or with your naked eye. What you won’t see (and rarely hear) is any other sign of human habitation in any direction….except during the day, that is, when you’ll hear (but not see) an occasional passing off-roader.
• Or, you can simply be here, be happy, quiet and present…and breathe (the house is at almost 11,000 feet. You’ll need to!).
Here are the quick specifics:
Sleeps 9: Master Bedroom with king-size bed and single futon, Guest bedroom with queen-size bed, landing (comfortable) fold down couch, artist loft full-size mattress.
First floor bath with “treehouse-inspired” shower, second floor bath with jacuzzi tub
Fully stocked kitchen with stainless steel appliances, butcher block and granite
Driveway is 1/3 mile long and requires 4 wheel drive in winter (the sledding is excellent!). In summer, just keep in mind that the roads above Montezuma are dirt and somewhat uneven.
Keystone Resort - 7 miles away, Arapahoe Basin - 12 miles, Breckenridge - 20, Copper - 24, Vail - 44, Aspen - 107.
Hiking/cross country/mountain bike trails right outside the door
So give yourself a break, come stay a while, and take in the fresh air and the breath-taking view of the moon rise over the Rockies. Our family has lived in this beautiful valley for almost 80 years. We’d love to welcome your family. You’ll soon see why we’ve never left.
Call Erik or Lee, your hosts, or drop us an email. We invite you to delight, for a while, in your own little slice of mountain life in your very own Moonrise Kingdom.
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
Reviews & Ratings
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page