The Space Chandra Residence has enjoyed a poetic metamorphosis during the past 15 years as a family home set in a lush tropic environment over 8,000 square metres. It's a place designed to allow you to feel the most comfort of home. Offering a blend of luxury, warmth and playful atmosphere. Ideal for families, friends, couples travelling together, or a collaborative space for creative companies.
-Distance from the airport to the residence is approximately 15 mins drive.
-Distance from the residence to the Old Chiang Mai town is approximately 20 mins drive.
There are 4 main buildings on the property and 3 separate entrance gates. They consist of the colonial residence, the meditation temple, the artist's residence and the caretaker's residence.
A fine combination of architecture features with teak wood surrounding by variety of indigenous plants and flora. Our interior has a unique characteristic with an eclectic mix of local arts & crafts, and international designs, along with all the modern conveniences.
Guests have total access to the Chandra artist's residence area and use of the front gate entrance (Gate 1). Approximately more than 800 square metres in total size.
You will have complete privacy. With the rare exception of any urgent maintenance work, which we will inform you well in advance about. **The other residences are occupied full time and they will be using different entrance gates**
Accommodation at Chandra artist's residence:
There are shower gel, shampoo, hair condition, hair dryer, fresh towels and pool towels in all the room.
- The first bedroom, second bedroom, third bedroom and a living room are housed together, while the fourth bedroom has connection to the library.
- First bedroom : king size bed / sofa / desk / fan / air condition / walk in closet / fan / bath, shower (hot & cold water) / small private area to sunbath / emergency LED light (portable)
- Second bedroom : Queen size bed / fan / air condition / heater / sofa / good size closet and storage space/ shower (hot & cold water) / emergency LED light (portable) / (closest to the living room which offers a desk)
- Third bedroom : On the mezzanine floor / queen size bed / fan / air condition /sofa / desk / good size closet and storage space / bathroom with outdoor shower and bathtub (hot & cold water) / emergency LED light ( portable)
- Living room : Exceptional high ceiling decorated with teak wood throughout / fan / air condition / desk / home entertainment theater with big screen, projector and surrounding speakers / connection to your laptop (Apple computer) / toilet / small emergency light
- Fourth bedroom : Next to the pool and has direct access to the library / queen size bed / fan / air condition / sofa / desk /walk in closet / large storage space / bathroom with shower (hot & cold water) / emergency LED light ( portable) /
- Library : Our old selection of books and magazines.
- Pool Lounge area and wooden terrace : Very large relaxing area with sun beds.
- Pool : A pool with different areas within a pool. Swim laps, bar stools connecting to the kitchen, and a raised floor area for young toddlers to play with parental supervision.
* Note : There is also an outside shower adjacent to the pool *
- Kitchen : Fantastic size, great for those who enjoy cooking and eating. Fully equipped modern kitchen and a portable bbq grill. There is a small hang out area that has direct access to the barstools in the swimming pool.
- Dining Pavilion : An open air pavilion adjacent to the residence, the kitchen, and pool lounge area.
- Laundry : Situated in the caretaker's residence. There are 2 washing machines and 1 dryer. Khun A, our lovely manager will show you where this room is.
- Garden area : Lush with mature trees, bushes and fully grown lawn area, there is a round table with umbrella in the middle of the garden.
- High speed WiFi throughout the residence.
- We have 1 baby crib available with 1 mosquito net, and 1 high chair. Suitable age: new born - 3 years of age. It is free of charge.
*Please let us know if you need to use it when booking, thank you! *
- Taxes are included in the price of Chandra artist's residence.
- Rates may vary according to the season and duration of stay.
- We will provide a simple Thai mobile phone with some credits for your convenience for local calls during your stay with us. You may want to buy more credits if you wish to make more calls. Kindly leave the mobile here before your departure. Thank you very much! : ) Guest Access Our guests have full access to Chandra artist's residence area encompassing over 800 square metres and the use of front gate entrance (Gate 1). Interaction with Guests We are often away, so please email or text message If you have any further queries. We will be delighted to help you.
- Our property manager ' Khun A' is here at the property from Monday - Saturday, time between 8:00am - 5:00pm ( Sunday off ). If you can not reach us, Khun A is happy to be assisting you.
- Our gardeners will maintain the garden and the pool. They will be around to assist with any emergency problems should the situation arise. The Neighborhood Chandra artist's residence is situated in the serene and secluded South West of Chiang Mai.
Landmarks in proximity to us are the Royal Park Rajapruek, Chiang Mai Night Safari, and Wat Phra That Doi Kham (Temple of the Golden Mountain), which is situated along Doi Suthep – Pui National Park.
We are 15-25 minutes away by car from Chiang Mai International Airport, and 20-30 minutes drive into Chiang Mai old city (depending on the traffic).
There is a varied selection of restaurants, and local markets nearby, as well as a well - appointed western supermarket ‘Rimping'.
The area also provides easy access to many recreational activities such as trekking, cycling, golf, go – karting, great spas, cooking schools and meditation retreats. Be sure also to explore Bann Tawai – the sprawling carpenter's village where wooden artefacts and creations vie for your eye. Getting Around Having your own vehicle is recommended. Parking spaces are available on the premises.
We highly recommend that you make arrangements for your own transportation well in advance.
You will need an international driver's license. Thailand has a left-hand drive traffic system.
- Car rental and Car rental with a professional driver:
These car rental companies have various vehicles for rent, and can drop off/ pick up any location in Chiang Mai (extra fee may apply depending on the company and distance).
- Motorcycle Rental:
For anywhere from (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)ht per day, you can hire your own motorbike.
* Please be sure to inspect bikes prior to rental and drive with extreme caution, as rental motorbikes are not normally insured. Thai law requires helmet. *
*Please note: While most Chiang Mai roads are in good condition with signs in English, please be aware that only commercial first class insurance provides full coverage on rental cars. Inspect rental cars prior to rental and please drive with caution.
Traffic in Chiang Mai can be quite confusing, especially the habit of Thai motorbike drivers driving on the wrong side of the road. *
- Private Tour guide with Driver
- Taxi To/From the Airport, Train station, Bus terminals
1. There are licensed airport taxi services at the taxi kiosk outside the baggage claim area.
2. From the train station and bus terminal, you can easily get a taxi, shared ride in a Songtaew (a red mini bus), or a Tuk Tuk.
*Please Note: Fares must be negotiated in advance* Other Things to Note Bespoke extra services:
We will do our very best to assist you to make the reservation, but sometimes we can not guarantee the availability.
To avoid any disappointment, I do highly recommend you to inform us well in advance, Thank you! : )
1. The van pick up service from the airport or from within Chiang Mai town to the residence : 500 Thai baht per trip
2. Daily rental of the private van and English speaking driver without petrol - which means you will have to fill the tank at the end of each day : 2,000 Thai baht per day
2.1 Extra hour is : 200 Thai baht per hour
2.2 Price is negotiable, if the rental is more than 2 days to 1,800 Thai baht per day
* Kindly noted that this is a price for our usual driver, but if he is not available then other drivers offer at a bit higher price.*
3. A private chef will have to be outsource at the moment as we do not have our own chef right now. They can make Thai or international dishes as you request.
3.1 Full on Breakfast ‘ price on request ’
3.2 Full course Dinner ‘ price on request ’
- If you interested, kindly let us what date and what meal?
Please answer the following questions below, and I will send an example of the menu after talking to the chef as soon as possible : )
a. Food allergy and intolerance
b. Diet preference such like or dislike
c. Degree of spiciness:
- not spicy at all
- little spicy like in a Thai restaurant abrod
- Spicy for Thai
- do love Spicy Food
4. Bicycle rental
5. Laundry service, Washing, dry, and folding ( ironing is not included).
6. We do offer once a day daily cleaning service. All of our house ladies already have a full time of responsibility from 8:00am - 17:00 pm.
if you would like some extra help, ‘ Prices per person per hour are on request '.
6.1 Between 15:00pm - 20:00pm
6.2 Between 20:00pm - 22:00pm
6.3 Between 22:00am - 12:00am
7. Massages at the residence from a professional therapists : ‘ price on request ’
7.1 Foot reflexology 60 mins
7.2 Thai Massage 90 mins with 1 pair of fresh Thai herb compress
7.3 Oil Massage with premium quality organic massage oil 90 minus
7.4 Facial Treatment with premium natural and organic product Essential Facial Treatment 60 mins
7.5 Super lift Anti-aging Treatment with machine 90 mins
8. Yoga and Pilate 75 minutes from professional trainer
9. Cultural tour guide ( Speaks Thai and English )
10. Translator ...