The Space Enjoy tranquility, and desert vistas from every window. Situated on 9 private acres of open desert. Amazing 360 degree views of the surrounding Pipes Canyon desert, mesas and mountains. Guest Access • 360 degree views on your own private hilltop
• 9 private acres to explore on the property
• 6,000+ acres to explore just steps out the backdoor in the Sand to Snow National Monument
• Short walk from Pipes Canyon Lodge, close to Rimrock Ranch, The Ruin Venue and Pappy and Harriets.
• Fully-equipped chef's kitchen with complete set of dishes, utensils, chef's knives, bakeware
• Keurig coffeemaker with assortment of K-cup coffees, teas and cocoa
• Dining area with inlaid wood table for 4 people
• Two lounger chairs with views of the desert and black lava mesas
• Private porch
• Digital radio with Pandora and iPhone/iPad connectivity
• Portable bluetooth speakers
• Western-style stucco fireplace in the living room
• Mitchell Gold sofa (opens to queen) in living room
• Queen "infinity" bed with rustic headboard
• Wrap-around desert and mountain views from every window
• Full tub and shower
• Iron/ ironing board
• Washer/ Dryer
• Fresh linens and towels
• Blackout shades in the bedroom
• Acu-rite Weather Center with temperature and wind speed monitor
• Soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. provided
• 14,000 BTU Air Conditioner Interaction with Guests You will have Los Vientos Hideaway all to yourself. My property manager is on hand for anything you need as well during your stay. The Neighborhood 50 yards away - 6,000+ acres in the Sand to Snow National Monument crisscrossed by hiking trails.
50 yards away - Pipes Canyon Longe
2 miles away - The Ruin Venue
5 miles away - Rimrock Ranch
7 miles away - Historic Pioneertown includes a classic western 'Mane Street' and the famous Pappy and Harriet's Pioneertown Palace, with nationally-known live acts and great food.
15 miles away - The Integratron. This historical structure is a resonant tabernacle and energy machine sited on a powerful geomagnetic vortex in the magical Mojave Desert.
20 miles away - Joshua Tree National Park. A premier desert destination in the national park system. It offers unsurpassed scenery, day and overnight hiking, world-class rock-climbing, camping, and educational programs.
30 miles away - Desert Hot Springs. Home to world famous spas.
50 miles away - Palms Springs, the Desert Hills outlet malls, and the Morongo tribal casino. Getting Around Los Vientos Hideaway is surrounded by dirt roads but you don't need a 4wd car to access it, just take it slow. Other Things to Note • WEBSITE
For more information visit www"LosVientosHideaway"com
• KEY / DIRECTIONS
The directions and code to the lock-box with the key is in the "Directions" section of your itinerary. Once the reservation is confirmed you can access this on your desktop by going to "Your Trips" then "View Itinerary" or in the "Reservation Confirmed" email.
• DOG FEE
Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for discussion. There is a flat $50 per dog fee. Please review our guidelines in the house rules as well.
• STAR TOUR
If you would like a better view of the night sky there is a company called Coyote Telescope that offers a “Star Tour" that uses the fantastic Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD computerized telescope. Visit www"coyotetelescope"com for more information.
• FRESH JUICE DELIVERY
We offer fresh pressed juice delivery at Los Vientos Hideaway. Guests are able to be have fresh juices delivered to their door daily (or in the fridge when they arrive!) by local Joshua Tree juice guru Angela de la Agua. Menus and pricing for this service will be emailed upon request.
• PAPPY & HARRIET'S
If you plan to have dinner at Pappy & Harriet’s, we strongly recommend making an advance reservation.
• SAND TO SNOW: BLACK LAVE BUTTE AND FLAT TOP MESA
Just steps out the backdoor is the new designated national monument with over 6,000 acres to explore. Discover incredible petroglyphs on the boulders and uncover bedrock mortars along the way. This rivals any hike found in Joshua Tree National Park and almost no one knows except the locals. You are not likely to see anyone else on this hike.
The high desert climate is distinctly cooler than in the lower desert region of Palm Springs and its neighboring desert cities. Nights are pleasant even in midsummer, desert breezes blow year-round and we even get snow from time to time in the winter. It's always a good night to enjoy a fire in our traditional stucco fireplace.
• TOT TAX
In compliance with San Bernardino County law, an additional 7% Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is applied to the nightly rates you see for Los Vientos Hideaway. Currently, Airbnb does not have an option to separately include this tax.
• CLOSEST AIRPORTS
Palm Springs, CA (PSP) – 50 mins
Ontario, CA (ONT) – 1 hour 35 mins
Orange County, CA (JWA) – 2 hours
Long Beach, CA (LGB) – 2 hours 20 mins
Los Angeles, CA (LAX) – 2 hours 30 mins
San Diego, CA (SAN) – 2 hours 40 mins ...