Colorado River Frontage on 6 Private Acres, Pet Friendly
This Central Texas Hide-away on 6 private acres offers you a secluded and peaceful place to enjoy the sounds and sites of nature. Relax on the upstairs deck & you’ll enjoy the sites of the bountiful species of birds, the colors of beautiful butterflies, and the evening fireflies.
The Treehouse is equipped with everything you’ll need to make your trip enjoyable and relaxing. All your linens are provided, all cooking utensils, appliances, BBQ grill, firepit, picnic tables, cable TV, stereo, VCR and DVD players,& sleeping accommodations for as many as 10 in the one bedroom with 2 double beds & 2 sets of bunkbeds and queen sofa sleeper in main room.
When comparing rates of other properties, please email or call to book. We strive to offer our guests a great stay at a reasonable cost.
Looking for a romantic get-away for you and a special someone, cozy up to the stone fireplace-we even provide the firewood!
You’ll be sharing your space with only those you choose, as The Treehouse is a single-family unit.
Please email us or give us a call to confirm rates and availability.
Well-behaved canine guests are always welcome.
Bring your fishing equipment, kayaks & canoes to enjoy the wonderful Colorado River. Access the river and park at river level via a gravel path a short walk from the house.
Relax in your own space...no other cabins here: Nestled on 6 private acres among the trees, this hide-away is just 3 miles from downtown Smithville, 12 miles from Bastrop and 43 miles from Austin. But you’ll think you’ve traveled hundreds of miles to find this serene setting.
Relaxing on the upstairs deck, you’ll enjoy the sites of the bountiful species of birds, the colors of beautiful butterflies and the sounds of nature.
When you’re ready to antique shop, you have but a short trip to historic Main Street Smithville where several antique stores are located. There are other places to visit in Smithville for dining and the many sites that were used in the filming of the movies 'Hope Floats' and 'The Tree of Life.' But be forewarned....once you’ve arrived at The Treehouse, you may never want to leave!
Bring your bikes as you may want to venture out on the country road and take in a closer look at the beautiful countryside.
The Treehouse Cabin is centrally located. Here are some of the things you might want to do during your visit:
· Rent a canoe or kayak from Rising Phoenix or Bastrop River Company in Bastrop and follow the Colorado River Trails.
. Sit back and watch the birds, including wild turkeys, Bald Eagles, ducks, woodpeckers, cardinals, and hawks.
· Play golf at one of the 5 public golf courses that are close by.
· Take a walking or driving tour of Historic Smithville
* Have a tasting at Bone Spirits, Smithville's own distillery
· Visit the Painted Churches
· Visit the Shiner Brewery
· Check out the San Marcos Outlet Mall, one of the largest in the country, just an hour away.
· Visit the 2 State Parks that are just a short drive away
· Visit the Railroad Museum in Smithville, or the Antique Car Museum in Rosanky
· Pick fallen pecans in November from the tree-lined streets in Smithville
· Visit Dream Train Antiques-mention that you are staying at the Treehouse and receive a 10% discount
Pet Friendly--and they love it!: Our canine guests love the Treehouse. They can romp in the leaves, chase squirrels, splash in the water and have full run of the property. The outdoor shower works well in cleaning up our canine guests should they get a little dirty! Our canine guest rate is $22.00 a night, per canine.
*Note: We love our canine guests. If our canine guests like to relax in the house, it is their owner's responsibility to be sure the canine guests do not go into the sleeping area, that throw rugs are removed, and upholstered furniture is covered with sheets provided. We hope taking these precautions will minimize the amount of hair and dander that will need to be cleaned. If there is excessive cleaning as a result of our canine guests, the owner may be charged for the additional cost.
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page