The Space The emblem of The Ridge Retreat is a Double-Barred Finch and when you stay you'll understand why. The Mid-North coast of NSW has a great variety of bird life and in particular, the sweet little double-barred finches have taken up residency and can always be found around the bird feeder.
With its own private outdoor Jacuzzi (for guests staying two nights or longer), you are literally sitting amongst the bush setting with views of the mountains. It’s a great place to unwind and watch the stunning sunsets. The large comfy lounge room opens out to the deck and the gorgeous views with a big wide screen TV, DVD player, music system, games, kid’s toys, art supplies and a record player with some great 1980’s vinyl.
The apartment is decorated with our bird photography from around Australia and we are happy to walk you around the property and talk about some of the bird varieties. The kids can explore the veggie patch and will have lots of room to run around. Most afternoons, a group of kookaburras sit and wait for a feed and along with the prolific bird life, there is a family of kangaroos which visit regularly.
The apartment has a great feel and is spacious, tranquil and light filled with garden and bush views from every room. It’s creatively decorated in a stylish yet funky 1970's burnt orange and olive green soft furnishings and set up to make you feel welcome and at home.
• Lounge Room
• Bedroom #1 - Queen Bed
• Bedroom #2 – Double Bed
• Private Patio
•Jacuzzi (only available for guests staying two nights or longer)
• Fully equipped new kitchen - full sized fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher
• Self-catered breakfast with bacon, eggs, fresh fruit and cereals
• Electric barbeque
• Beach umbrella, beach tent and picnic basket
• Babies high chair portable cot and toys
• Kids board games and outdoor games
• Large screen TV, stereo, record player and DVD player
• Unlimited WiFi
• Private jacuzzi spa
• Fire pit chimaera
• Use of laundry
• Off street parking – room for trailer
• Lock up garage for motorbikes
Self -catered. We provide quality supplies including a generous range of breakfast cereals, toast, crumpets, jams and spreads, eggs, bacon and good quality coffee/tea.
SHOPS AND GROCERIES
Included are fresh herbs from the garden, condiments, oil, sauce/mustards and salad dressing. The apartment has a full sized fridge and freezer for your supplies.
• Innes Lake (10 min drive): Coles Supermarket/bottle shop
• Wauchope (6 min drive): IGA Co-Op supermarket/bottle shop Guest Access The apartment opens out onto the property and lawns - you have full access and we encourage you to explore the gardens, veggie patch, orchard and anywhere on the property except the shed. All other parts of the house (upper level) are private. Interaction with Guests We respect our guests privacy but will be available in-person or by phone if help or recommendations are required. The Neighborhood This is a very quiet and serene place where the loudest noises rarely exceed the sound of birds or insects chirping. Neighbours are all on 3 to 5 acre blocks so there is plenty of room to feel like you are complety secluded and away from all the hustle and bustle of life. Getting Around The nearest shops and facilities are a drive away. Wauchope is about 6 minutes by car with a big IGA and most services and Port Macquarie is under 15 minutes. Other Things to Note Our dog Baxter is a big standard Labradoodle, he is young and incredibly friendly so at times a bit goofy and bouncy so please let us know if you are not fond of dogs we will make sure he stays on the balcony or in his dog yard. ...