Room on farm near Sequoia Park
Your room has two twin beds, closet and armoire. Right outside your door is a private bathroom with tub/shower and a blow dryer. All guests are welcome in the kitchen, family room, laundry room and deck.
Little House on the Fish Farm was built in 2013. The guest house is located on property that has been in our family for generations.
Danish teak furnishings, bamboo flooring and recessed lighting give the house a simple yet modern feel. The space is tastefully decorated with water lily prints, artifacts picked up on our travels, and local art.
The family room provides a comfortable place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. The library is filled with books to encourage you on your next adventure. There is also a Smart TV, DVDs, and board games.
The efficient galley kitchen has custom granite countertops and includes everything you need to create a delicious home-cooked meal.
•stainless steel fridge
•plates, cups, and utensils
The house has a washer, dryer, iron and ironing board.
THE OUTSIDE SPACE
Little House on the Fish Farm is located in the Sanger river bottom, known for its peacefulness and beautiful scenery. Our ponds play host to a variety of wildlife including fish, insects, frogs, beavers, waterfowl and birds of prey. In the late spring, splashes of vibrant color dot our ponds as water lilies begin to bloom.
A stone’s throw from Little House, sheep, goats and cows graze in the pasture. Feel free to visit the hen house and collect eggs for your morning breakfast. The “floating” goat house greets you as you drive down the dirt road.
Sunrise is a magical time. Grab a cup of coffee, head outside, and experience the farm as she wakens from her slumber. Sunsets are equally spectacular. Go ahead, fire up the BBQ and eat a leisurely dinner on the spacious wrap-around deck. There is a kind of hush as darkness slowly envelops the farm. The stars shine brightly in the stillness. It is a perfect ending to an unforgetable day.
Interaction with Guests
When you arrive, John will greet you, show you around and answer any questions.
Throughout your stay, we are just a phone call away. We live down the dirt road about half a mile away.
Even though your nearest human neighbors are half a mile away, you are within three miles of shopping and restaurants.
Sanger is at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. A quaint town of 25,000, Sanger is literally that place where you can’t walk down Main Street without bumping into somebody you know. Within this close-knit community, you can find modern stores next to family restaurants and shops that have been in business for the greater part of the past century.
Fresno County Blossom Trail
Sanger is the hub for many events on the Fresno County Blossom Trail:
•Opening Ceremonies (location varies)
•River Blossom Bike Ride - Reedley (10 miles)
•Blossom Days Festival and Car Show - Sanger
•Blossom Trail 10K Run - Sanger
•Blossom Trail Wine Weekend - Sanger, Kingsburg and Tivy Valley
Trek to the Nation's Christmas Tree
Sanger is known as "The Nation's Christmas Tree City." Every December, Sanger hosts the Trek to the Nation's Christmas Tree in Kings Canyon National Park.
SEQUOIA, KINGS CANYON AND YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARKS
Just a 50-minute drive away up Highway 180, the entrance to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks affords guests convenient access to hiking, fishing, birding, and backpacking opportunities within the parks.
Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world, is also just a short drive up Highway 41 from Little House on the Fish Farm. Hike up to Bridalveil Falls, climb El Capitan, or backpack out of Tuolumne Meadows.
•HWY 180 is 5 minutes away
•Weddings at The Grove, Sanger is 5 minutes away
•Fresno Yosemite International Airport is 24 minutes away. You will need to rent a car or hire a taxi as there is no public transportation to our farm
•Downtown Fresno and Clovis is 25 minutes away
•The entrance to Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park is about a 50 minute drive
•Yosemite is 90 minutes away
Other Things to Note
• As is typical of most small, rural communities, our internet speed is on the slow side. It is usually fine for checking email, browsing the web, and uploading photos.
• Little House is on a septic line. Please do not flush feminine hygiene products or anything besides toilet paper.
• As this is a working farm, you may hear occasional farm animal sounds.
• There is a 3/4 mile drive down a dirt/ gravel road.
- Air Conditioning
- Free Parking on Premises
- Wireless Internet
- Family/Kid Friendly
- Smoke Detector
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- First Aid Kit
- Safety Card
- Fire Extinguisher
1. Sorry, no pets.
2. No smoking or candles inside the house.
3. Only the guests included in the original reservation are permitted on the property.
4. Be kind. The house must be left in a reasonable state of tidiness with dishes washed and counter/stove wiped.
5. No eating in the bedrooms.
6. Children must be supervised at all times when outside.
7. Please take off shoes before entering the house if you've been exploring the farm.
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page