Location - Beadnell
FREE unlimited high speed WiFi
This lovely two bedroom semi-detached summer cottage is located in the heart of the village of Beadnell situated on a quiet 'no through' road.
A few minutes walk to the stunning Northumbrian coast and its two beautiful Beadnell beaches.
Two miles from Seahouses, gateway to the Farne Islands and their 1000's of puffins, other sea birds and seals (puffins between April and August
This cottage is furnished and decorated to a high standard and equipped with everything you need during your stay including a plentiful supply of towels and linen.
Relax and enjoy this peaceful location with fabulous open views over the garden's dry stone wall to the fields and hills on the horizon. It's the perfect base from which to explore this breathtaking coastline.
Unlimited Free Broadband WiFi
Parking space on the property
Bathroom with electric shower over white bath with matching hand basin and toilet
Fully enclosed garden
Flat screen HD TV with Freeview
Stereo DAB Radio
Original coast inspired artworks throughout the cottage
2 Sets of Garden tables and chairs (covered and uncovered patio areas)
Iron and ironing board
Tourist information in cottage
- An open plan living area which is light and spacious.
- Comfortable 3 seater sofa & rocking chair, large coffee table,
- Flat screen HDTV (with Freeview),
- Pure DAB stereo radio
- Beautiful original marine-themed artworks featured on the walls.
- French doors through to covered patio and very well maintained lawned lavender garden.
- Fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster, kettle, saucepans, crockery & cutlery.
- Old pine dining table with seating for four (adjacent to kitchen)
Open plan staircase leading to first floor. Fitted closet on landing which houses steam iron and full size ironing board.
- Double bedroom, bedside tables, dressing table with drawer, lovely views across open countryside to The Cheviot Hills. Lovely thick lined curtains and original artworks on the wall.
- Bunk Bedroom with small set of drawers and thick lined curtains. Adult sized bunk beds but restricted space in this room may make it less easy for adults and more suited to children.
- Electric shower over white bath, hand basin, w.c. glass shower screen and tiled floor.
There is a garden at the front and an enclosed south west facing garden at the back which is perfect for outside dining in the warmer months.
Covered patio area through the french doors and a well maintained lawned lavender garden which extends down to the uncovered patio by the drystone wall which catches the sun throughout the day. Spectacular views across open countryside to the Cheviot Hills. Chat to the two friendly horses, Woody and Danny, over the drystone wall.
There is off street parking for one car at the front of the cottage and on street parking for another outside the cottage.
All freshly laundered bedding linen, bath and hand towels are provided.
This cottage is pet free.
The village of Beadnell is located on the North Northumberland coastline, 2 miles south of Seahouses, 12 miles north of Alnwick and 5 miles south of Bamburgh. It is well known for it's wide, dune sheltered sandy beaches and superb scenery along with its picturesque villages overlooked by magnificent castles. The Farne Islands are accessible from Seahouses Harbour with regular daily boat trips. A great place to see puffins (May to July) and grey seals in the water (all year) as well as other birdlife (varied terns, kittiwakes, guillemots, razorbills, shags, fulmars and eider ducks).
The historic village of Beadnell lies just a few miles east of the main A1 that links Edinburgh with Newcastle-upon-Tyne, but despite this, it remains off the beaten track and as a result has not been spoilt by over-development.
Beadnell is a peaceful village but benefits from a couple of good pubs, offering excellent food, an excellent fish and chip shop and general store. The village provides an ideal central point from which to discover this fascinating and picturesque coastline.