Located in a beautiful south facing Victorian building, our very bright and spacious townhouse offers high ceilings, fresh stylish décor and lovely unobstructed views from all windows. The house has been recently rebuilt, equipped with Smart Home Technology and tastefully redecorated.
On a quiet residential street, within minutes’ walk to Hyde Park, 4 Underground/Tube stations (District, Circle, Piccadilly, Central, Metropolitan & City lines), 10min by taxi or 15-30min by bus to Knightsbridge, Piccadilly, Mayfair, Covent Garden or Trafalgar Square – for museums, theatres, famous shopping streets, department stores, and much more.
• 2 spacious traditional bedrooms (the 2nd floor master bedroom and the 3rd floor guest bedroom);
• 1 further bedroom / child's room (on the 3rd floor) with a large cotbed, a foldable small cotbed, and a single bed which can be also used by 2 adults if unfolded into a UK Queen size bed;
• a loft-style family room/TV room that can be used as a 4th bedroom on the 4th floor, with a new foldable King size futon-bed;
• 2 large bathrooms with big windows and under-floor heating: 1 with a bathtub and a spacious freestanding shower, the other with shower over bath;
• Voluminous reception with a dining area and a balcony along the facade;
• Eat-in, fully equipped kitchen;
• Separate guest toilet / cloakroom / laundry room, on the first landing as you walk in;
• Fully-equipped kitchenette in the 4th floor loft/family room/bedroom, with a fridge/freezer, stove, extractor, oven/grill, sink, dishwasher and a bar area; and
• Large decked terrace on the 4th floor, outside the lost/family room, with a wooden table and chairs and an outdoor heater - to lunch, dine, sip a drink and admire the traditional skyline of Edwardian and Victorian London. Simply glorious on a sunny day or in the evening!
The house also features:
- Excellent modern dimmer lighting,
- underfloor heating,
- hot towel rails,
- 2 WiFi networks,
- Apple TV, Smart TV, DVD players, iMac and HP Printer,
- medium firm pocket-spring and memory foam mattresses,
- new sets of thick-pile luxurious towels,
- thick 100% cotton Frette bathrobes,
- organic spa toiletries (shampoo, shower gel, bath soak, bath salts, soap, hand-wash),
- 300 thread count 100% organic cotton sheets,
- 100% pure linen bedsheets/bed linen sets (on request - it is a question of taste and personal preference),
- 100% pure linen & cotton, cashmere, or mohair bed-throws,
- ample wardrobe space,
- hotel quality, foldable suitcase racks (for up to 30kg each),
- Nespresso coffee maker,
- international adapters.
and all the facilities of a private home (fully equipped kitchen, books, DVDs, Classical music CD collection, iron & ironing board, etc.)
All windows and balcony doors are double glazed along the facade for warmth and tranquility. The sophisticated modern heating and lighting systems make it cozy and warm even on a rainy day.
The house offers 200 sq. m. of space, arranged over four floors, with well-proportioned rooms and staircases. Light permeates through the house from its large sash windows on all sides and landings – a unique feature, rare for London flats and houses.
The upper floor, with an open plan summer kitchenette and a large south facing decked terrace, is absolutely unique. You can enjoy lunching, dining or sipping cocktails on the terrace with the view over the marvelous Edwardian Baroque style Blythe House (housing the Victoria & Albert museum's archives), or simply lounging around and watching Apple TV in the room.
Perfect for families, couples or singles alike. Ideal for up to five adults with kids.Guest Access
Your will have the whole place to yourselves; we simply locked a couple of closets to store our things.
We might retain the use of one freezer drawer for our frozen food. The rest of the freezer, and all of the fridge, will be yours to use.
As we do use the house ourselves from time to time, the kitchen cupboards will contain our dry/canned foodstuffs.
The top floor mini-fridge/freezer is for your use, and you are welcome to have all the beers occasionally kept in it.
Our kitchen is equipped with everything that a cook might need. You can set up a proper dinner table, with beautiful table linen, plates, cutlery and glasses.
We also provide top of the range children’s furniture and necessities if you are traveling with babies or toddlers. (Please see "Other Things to Note" below for details.)Interaction with Guests
We speak English, Italian, Russian, French and some Spanish.
We have a trustworthy reliable cleaning lady and a nanny on the ground to handle the check-ins and check-outs, whom you can also hire on hourly basis during your stay.
Once you've booked, we will email you a comprehensive "how to" House Manual with guidance on how things work inside the house. You can also contact us by phone, text, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), or email if you have questions or need assistance.
The area itself is popular with families and is located on the edge of High Street Kensington convenient for everyday shopping.
You can easily stroll to Holland Park and Hyde Park, or venture slightly further through or along the parks to Albert Hall, Victoria and Albert, Science or Natural History musea.
There are some excellent gastro-pubs just round the corner, if you would like to sit down for a pub lunch with a newspaper or scrumptious dinner in the evening by the fire.
You can walk to Notting Hill and Portobello market by foot in 20 min.
Proceed south - and you will find yourself on the Kings or Fulham Road, with all the buzz, boutiques, cafes and restaurants that Chelsea and Fulham areas have to offer.
You can reach the modern and luxurious Westfiled Shopping Centre if you walk for 15 minutes North, or simply sit on a bench with a paper on Brook Green, which is a five minute stroll West. Getting Around
Our Central London location is very well connected to other parts of London, such as Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Piccadilly, Green Park, St James's, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and West End in a straight line by bus or by Underground going East wise.
We are within 2-15min walk from four different Underground stations: 1) Olympia - for District Line and London Overground, 2) Kensington High Street - for District and Circle Lines, 3) Shepherd's Bush - for Central Line and London Overground, and 4) Hammersmith - for Piccadilly, District, Metropolitan and Circle Lines.
Other Things to Note
One guest found our bathroom tub/shower tap switch a bit "over-engineered". However, most people should be able to figure it out, but if you don't - please do not hesitate to ask and we will gladly guide you through it.
We are child-friendly and can offer the best for your child’s/children’s needs:
• A large solid Australian hardwood Boori Sleigh Cotbed for a child of 0 to 5 years of age, with a brand-new Boori Twist organic coconut fiber, natural latex and natural sheep fleece wool mattress, with cotton cover – chemical free, ideal for child’s back support, breathable, anti-allergy, with good body temperature and moisture control;
• Solid foldable wooden Bloom Alma Cot/Crib suitable for a child from birth up to 9 months of age, with a new 100% organic coconut fiber mattress – ideal for infants;
• Infants’ memory foam pillows, and back and neck support cot or bassinet inserts;
• A bespoke designer rocking/nursing Olli Ella Mo-Ma Glider chair, with an On-It Ottoman foot stool, and nursing cushions;
• Organic soft cotton bed sheets for the cots/crib, play-mats;
• Foldable plastic bath and baby bath support – for sitting or lying down – suitable to be put inside the large bathtubs for small babies;
• Bouncy chair (for babies before they can crawl);
• Adjustable height Stokke Tripp Trapp highchair with a harness; and
• Baby Snug feeding/playing seat with a tray, designed to prop up and keep your child safe during playing or feeding before he/she can sit up on his own in a highchair.
We have, or can advise on quickly obtaining, some other baby and toddler necessities. Please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please note that we have no child guardrails or gates on the stairs or landings. If you are booking for longer periods and would need any such, please let us know.