The Space The new apartment Kuščar offers 70 square meters over two floors and a private terrace/garden with a barbecue. Guest Access The ground floor has an open area with kitchen, dining space, living room and a bathroom. First floor has two bedrooms for up to five persons, two extra can sleep on the streched sofa (170x200 cm) in the living room.
The kitchen offers everything you need for a comfortable stay. There is an gas stove, oven, a fridge and a freezer, coffe maker, ... The living room has a sofa and a cable TV.
Guests can also use a village playground (tennis, volleyball, basketball, football and children's playground) which is just beside our house.
The apartment is in the walking distance from the Soča river (15 min). Interaction with Guests Our family lives on the property so we'll always be able to help you if you'll have any questions. I work in the local tourist office, so I can help you with suggestions, ... The Neighborhood The Soca Valley surprises with its rich and green tourist offer. The valley’s greatest peculiarity is a beauty that flows with vivid emerald shades, Soca, one of the most beautiful European rivers. Its headwaters spring up in the heart of Triglav National Park, under the steep peaks of the Julian Alps. Over countless centuries, it has carved its way through deep gorges and valleys nestled amongst the Alpine peaks. It weaves through subalpine country, along the vineyard-spotted Brda Hills, to the plains of the Gorica Region where it eventually reaches the Adriatic Sea. The Soča Valley is primarily an untouched natural environment. Throughout the river valley, one can find only a few small, friendly and hospitable towns (Bovec, Kobarid, Tolmin and Kanal). There are also many picturesque mountain villages and an endless variety of natural wonders.
The diverse landscape offers almost unlimited opportunities for cultural and historical experiences, for sports activities and relaxation. Friendly locals know how to make their guests feel at home with their excellent local cuisine.
- water sports (rafting, kayaking, canyoning, hydrospeed,...) We recommend sport agency Maya in Tolmin or Positive sport in Kobarid
- hiking and sport climbing
- cycling and mountain biking
- paragliding and hang gliding
- fishing and hunting
- other adrenalin sport (zipline, monster roller, zorbing)
Cultural, Historical and Natural Sights (just few tips, there are many more):
- Tolmin Museum
- Kobarid Museum of the First World War
- Open air museums of the WWI
- Javorca Church
- Tolmin Gorges
- Kozjak and Boka Waterfall
- Soča Gorge
- Nadiža River
- Trenta Valley wiith the Soča River source
Other Slovenian Sights:
- Ljubljana, the charming capital town
- Magical Postojna and Skocjan caves
- Lipica Horse Farm
- Piran, small medieval town on the coast
- Lake of Bohinj and Bled
- world famous Venice is also only 180 km away Getting Around Unfortunately the public transport in the valley is poor, so have your own car or rent it. You can rent it here or at the nearby airports. During festivals taxi service is much better.
The nearest airports:
- Airport Jožeta Pučnika Ljubljana 84 km
- Airport Friuli Venezia Giulia - Trieste 70 km
- Venice Airport - Marco Polo 175 km
- Treviso Airport 185 km
- Airport Klagenfurt 140 km Other Things to Note There is a small grocery shop in the village, so you can buy fresh bread every morning. Also a pizzeria with delicious pizzas can come in handy. If you like cheese or quark (a type of local ricotta) you can buy them by local farmers. ...