Heading to Burning Man Festival this year? Lucky you! Burning Man Festival is a crazy week of debauchery, partying and art in the middle of the Nevada desert. For first-timers, preparing for Burning Man can seem a little daunting. We’ve got you covered with a Burning Man survival guide.
(Suggested: Burning Man Festival Guide)
What to Bring to Burning Man
1. It may be stating the obvious, but bring your least inhibited self!
2. People dress in anything from a clown on stilts to a sparkly pony, so bring a costume and let it roll.
3. It’s the Nevada desert – so pack smart. Make sure you have plenty of sunscreen and clothes to cover-up to escape the burning sun.
4. Bring a bike – the festival site is enormous and it’s the easiest way to get around.
5. Make sure you have enough food and drink to float your week at the festival. There are no commercial outlets on the site. There is a great community atmosphere and festival-goers do group cookouts, so bring cookware too.
Burning Man Pro Tips
1. Research different villages within the festival site and pick which village you’d like to stay in before you arrive.
2. There can be occasional dust storms, many festival goers bring goggles to protect their eyes during a storm.
3. There is a culture of ‘gifting’ at the festival, where you give gifts of food or useful items to strangers and new friends. So bring extra food and drink supplies to gift to others.