The North Carolina BallonFest is a spectacular display of colorful hot-air-balloons drifting through the sky and the perfect place to bring family or friends this Fall. We’ve got you covered with top tips for the festival.
1. Balloons are scheduled to fly twice daily, early in the morning and in the afternoon. So plan your arrival time accordingly.
2. Balloon flights are weather dependant – so they can only take off to the skies if the wind-speed is correct. The decision to fly a balloon is made on the spot, depending on the weather at that moment.
3. You should buy tickets in advance. Tens of thousands of people attend and the event is usually a sellout.
4. If you arrive by car without an advance ticket you will be directed to a parking site slightly further away. A redirect will add extra travel time and might make you miss the balloon display.
5. If you’re driving, park before 1 pm to see the afternoon display.
6. Why not make a special day of it and book your own private balloon ride?
7. Coolers with food and drink will not be allowed beyond the gates.
8. Bad news for doggies — they won’t be allowed into the site, so make sure you come pet-free!
If you want all the event details, check out our full North Carolina Ballonfest Event Guide.