About the position
We are looking for someone that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. You will be responsible for gathering data and information using a variety of methods such as our own database, publicly available datasets, online research, speaking with clients and customers, etc. You will need to be able to take mass amounts of data and synthesize them into actionable recommendations for AllTheRooms’ employees and clients.
You will help deliver on small and large scale projects and will work directly with our Data Analytics team. You will be crucial to executing on upcoming projects, such as custom internal and external reporting, quality assurance, and market analysis. We are looking to hire someone who will hit the ground running on day one.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or Colombian equivalent – Título Universitario) in any analytical subject (e.g. STEM, economics, science, mathematics, business, etc)
- Working understanding of data analysis with the ability to learn more once on the job
- Working understanding of SQL and Python with the ability to write queries
- Proficiency in data visualization and analysis
- Strong English skills – needs to feel comfortable reading and writing reports for clients in English and working in an English/Spanish speaking environment
- Strong data visualization and reporting skills
- Fluent and detailed English writing competencies
- Great scripting and programming skills, specifically in languages such as R, Python (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn)
- Proficiency in using query languages for SQL databases
- The ability to write programs in a clear and well-documented manner
- Quality awareness, and the ability to openly communicate on both wins and losses
- Great applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
- Interest/desire to learn about the online travel, hotel, and vacation rental industry
- Extremely organized, with a firm grasp on your calendar and to-dos
- Thrives in a start-up environment and willing to wear many hats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking and very entrepreneurial (self-driven, team-oriented)
To apply to this position please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org