It’s Labor Day and that means one thing: time to party! This year’s Electric Zoo Festival is the perfect way to pass the long weekend, dancing for three days straight at one of the world’s top electronic music festivals. Set in the lush, green Randall’s Island Park, the festival features some of the world’s best electro acts. This year’s epic lineup includes the likes of Dead Mau5, Eric Pryz and DJ Snake.
Here is your ultimate guide to Electric Zoo Festival.
Electric Zoo Basics
Electric Zoo Festival is held in Randall’s Island Park in New York City on September 1-3, 2017. Doors open at 3 pm September 1st and at 1 pm on September 2nd and 3rd.
Electric Zoo Lineup
Electric Zoo’s lineup features the best electro acts out there, so you’re guaranteed to dance until you drop.
This year’s lineup includes Dead Mau5, Eric Pryz, Above & Beyond and DJ Snake. Meanwhile, other acts include the likes of Clapton, Alan Walker, Audien and Danny Tenaglia.
Electric Zoo Tickets
3-Day General Admission Pass – $230
3-Day VIP Pass – $420
3-Day Platinum Pass – $820
Feeling lucky? You can register and sign up for your chance to win free tickets to Electric Zoo 2017.
How to get to and from Electric Zoo
Air – Getting to Electric Zoo is super easy. You can fly into any of New York’s three airports and easily get to Manhattan or Brooklyn by taxi, bus or public transportation.
Ferry – If you’re staying in Manhattan, you can take a ferry to the festival site from East 35th Street Ferry Landing in Manhattan. A three-day ferry pass costs $50.
Shuttle Bus – For those of you who are staying in Brooklyn, there are convenient shuttle buses departing from Output (74 Wythe Avenue) in Brooklyn, running directly to the site. A three-day shuttle pass is $60.
Where to stay for Electric Zoo
Electric Zoo has no onsite accommodation, so you can take your pick and stay anywhere in New York. Find a place to stay near Electric Zoo. Some of our favorite New York neighborhoods include Williamsburg, Bushwick, and Meat Packing District. Why not get together with your friends and stay in this awesome Williamsburg three-bed apartment, or, if you’re tight on cash, why not stay in this cool boutique hostel for only $55 a night.
One of the year’s wildest electronic music weekenders is fast approaching. Electric Zoo Festival is back this Labor Day weekend in Randall’s Island Park, NYC. The awesome event features some of the world’s top electro acts, and people come to party hard. Check out our top tips so you can make the most of the weekend.
Electric Zoo Festival Pro Tips
1. Wear bright colored clothes – you’re at an electro party!
2. Bring a blanket or towel to sit on, so you can make the most of the site’s green grass.
3. Sunglasses – no electro festival is complete without a pair of quirky glasses.
4. Pay the extra $50 for a private locker complete with phone charging socket. You can split the cost between friends and ensure your phone always has juice.
5. Have some cool photo apps downloaded on your phone, such as Boomerang and Whitagram, so you can take envy-inducing photos.
6. Many festival-goers wear animal costumes to the event. Bring a costume and don’t be shy!
7. The festival organizers have tightened up restrictions on what can be taken into the festival. Be sure to check the list of restrictions. Ladies: don’t bring open make-up! You really don’t want to lose your expensive Chanel foundation or MAC lipstick!
8. Read the Electric Zoo Festival Guide to get all the event details.